Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm coming home, I'm coming home

I'm currently sitting in the Salt Lake City airport after seven months of separation from my family and closest friends. I never thought this day would arrive, but here I am. I have spent the last few days with my family and welcomed the relaxation after finals, white glove cleaning and other general stresses.
These past 190 or so days have taught me so much about myself and what I am capable of. Although I have chosen not to return to BYU-Idaho, I am so grateful for the wonderful experience I had and the great people I had the privilege of meeting.
I learned quite a bit about myself in the time that I lived with girls I had never met before. We had our problems and differences, but I am a much better person because of the experiences we shared. Some of my most cherished memories took place in the simple conversations we shared. I am forever grateful to the kindness and love they showed me.
I am ready for the next chapter of my life to begin. I am excited for the new people I will encounter and the old friends I will reconnect with. I'm looking forward to the future and all the potential it holds. I hope and pray each day that I will be able to make a positive change or impression on someone through my actions.
I'm coming home and I cannot wait for what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment